"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Robert Byrd.

Robert Byrd (D-WV) was congradulated today for officially becomming the longest serving congress member. Yes he's been serving for 20,000 some-odd days now.
He was congradulated for his years of service, his many accomplishments, and nobody mentioned the fact that he was a RECRUTER for the KLU-KLUX-FRIGGIN'-KLAN!!!!!
Now I'm all for the Christian belief of Forgive and forget, but certain things neeed to be taken into consideration, and the man was a Klan member.

He claims he was only devoted to the KKK for only one year, durring WW2 because of the Klan's anti-Communist views. Personally, I don't believe it.
His record and words speak for themselves.

“I will never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."”

“The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia. It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state in the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan realm of W. Va.”


Now maybe he's changed his ways, I don't know his whole voing history, but He is mentioned in my last post, for his filibuster against the '64 civil rights act, combine that with the quotes above, and I think I have a fairly good case.

Perhaps he isn't a Racist screwball anymore, though. I think a man can be forgiven; I just also think that the media burrying a politician's history only serves to make ignorant fools of the populace as a whole.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment